Her poetry has appeared in numerous literary magazines, including Amaze: The Cinquain Journal, Connections, PFlag Canada, Moonset, Quills Canadian Poetry Magazine, Ribbons: Tanka Society of America journal, Taj Mahal Review, Weird Sisters West Magazine, and anthologies, including Agua Terra, Anthology Three, Myth Weavers: Canadian Myths and Legends, Boomerang, Hurricane Anthology: Washing the color of water golden, The Future Looks Bright, Book One, Elan: A Regina Weese collection, Sharing the Dark: Encounters with The abyss, Infinite Pleasures, No Love Lost 3, Oval Victory, and A Time of Trial.
Shields is the British Columbia chairperson for the Canadian Poetry Association and an associate member of the League of Canadian Poets, Canada-Cuba Literary Alliance, and Canadian Federation of Poets. She is the page manager for Just About Write's Lesbian Poet Herstory.
Shields is the parent of 3 children, two girls and a boy. She lives on Vancouver Island with her spouse and children.
- Soul Speak. Troubador Books, 2001. ISBN 1-930928-71-8
- Spirit Harvest. Lexington, SC: Dare 2 Dream, 2002. ISBN 0-9716812-8-7
- Inferno. Baycrest Books, 2003; Monroe, MI: One-in-Ten, 2003. ISBN 0-9728450-1-1
- Coast Lines: Canadian poets communicate. Katherine L. Gordon, 2007.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Trish M. Shields Author's Den, Inc. Web, June 8 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Trish Shields, Poets & Writers. Web, June 8, 2013.
- ↑ Trish Shields, Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation. Web, June 8, 2013.
- ↑ Hilda Doolittle, Just About Write's Lesbian Poet Herstory, Nan Dunne. Web, June 8, 2013.
- ↑ Bio, Trish Shields, Tripod.com. Web, June 8, 2013.
|Original Penny's Poetry Pages article, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0.|
- This is a signed article by User:George Dance. It may be edited for spelling errors or typos, but not for substantive content except by its author. If you have created a user name and verified your identity, provided you have set forth your credentials on your user page, you can add comments to the bottom of this article as peer review.