kari edwards (1954-2006) was an American poet, artist, and gender activist.
edwards' work has appeared in numerous publications, such as anthologies Blood and Tears: Poems for Matthew Shepard, Painted leaf Press (2000), and Electric Spandex: anthology of writing the queer text (Pyriform Press: 2002). Her works have also been exhibited throughout the U.S.
She authored have been blue for charity (BlazeVox: 2006); obedience (Factory School: 2005); iduna(O Books: 2003); a day in the life of p (subpress collective: 2002); a diary of lies, Belladonna #27 (Belladonna Books: 2002); obLiqUE paRt(itON): colLABorationS (xPress(ed): 2002); and post/(pink) (Scarlet Press: 2000).
She died of heart failure, aged 52, on December 2, 2006.
edwards won the New Langton Art's Bay Area Award in literature in 2002, and the Small Press Traffic’s book of the year award in 2004.
- every Amerikan amusement park and nearly every elephant. New York: Boog Literarture, 2000.
- a day in the life of p.Honolulu, HI: Subpress Collective, 2002.
- a diary of lies. New York: Belladonna Books, 2002.
- iduna. Oakland, CA: O Books, 2003.
- bharat jiva (broadside). Dusie Press, 2006; Brooklyn,NY: Litmus Press / Belladonna Books, 2009.
- having been blue for charity. Buffalo, NY: Blaze Vox Books, 2007.
- obedience. Ottawa, IL: Factory School, 2008.
- back in amerika...and getting ready to leave again, delirious hem
- kari edwards 1954-2006 at the Poetry Foundation.
- an entire department store of affirmations - kari edwards at the Other Voices International Project
- kari edwards at Poets' Corner
- kari edwards at Amazon.com
- kari edwards profile at the Academy of American Poets
- Interview at Rain Taxi, 2003
- kari's weblog
- Review of iduna
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|