Youth and educationEdit
Shambat was born in Moscow, Russia (then the capital of the Soviet Union).
He began writing poetry at age 11.
He has traveled around America, studied different conceptual systems, and worked and volunteered in a variety of capacities.
In October 2006 he moved to Australia and married Melanie (Coutts); they have a daughter, Lillian (born June 25, 2007).
Shambat writes essays and poetry, which he posts on Alt.arts.poetry.comments and other usenet groups, on Facebook, and on his blogs, Ilya Shambat thought, and Poetry and Writings.
He describes the purpose of his poetic activities as: "Seeking to resurrect real poetry and make poetry something that people read again."
- Intricate Fire. CreateSpace, 2013. ISBN 9781490928661
- Poems to Julia. CreateSpace, 2014. ISBN 9781502343697
- Cross-Pacific Passion. ISBN 978-145351307
- "Snowstorm in December"
- Ilya Shambat at Words & Pictures (3 poems)
- Poems by Ilya Shambat
- Ilya Shambat's Classical Russian Poetry Translation Site
- Russian Songs: Translations and videos
- Ilya Shambat thought, essays weblog
|Original Penny's Poetry Pages article, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0.|