Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following are characteristic of the awit:
- 4 lines/stanza;
- a rhyme scheme of AAAA (in the Tagalog manner of rhyming described by Jose Rizal in Tagalische Verskunst);
- a slight pause on the sixth syllable;
- each stanza is usually a complete grammatically-correct sentence;
- each stanza is full of figures of speech (according to Fernando Monleon, Balagtas used 28 types in 395 instances throughout the poem);
- the author is usually anonymous;
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|